Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Eyelid Surgery Sucks Right Now

I didn't really know how else to title this one. It is what it is right now. The surgery went well today, and Judah handled the procedure and anesthesia like a pro. He's been sleeping on and off all afternoon - we were home by 1 - but he's uncomfortable when he's awake. Who wouldn't be with all that swelling?! Putting the ointment in his eyes is awful. One of those things parents have to do to their kids because they love them, but wish they could swear through the whole thing because it's awful for him. I hate that. Please be praying for this specifically. He has to have ointment every 2 hrs. for 48; then every 3 hrs. for 48 and on down the line until we get to 5x a day, 4x a day, until we're down to ZERO. It's going to be a long week, I fear. I'm sure he'll do better and better as the days go by, knowing how "champy" he is, but in this moment it's just hard to see him like this and know what I have to do to him all week.

Lydia was her classic, nurturing, sweet little self when she saw him for the first time. She looked at him, looked at me, gave her head a little shake and said, "Well, he doesn't look good." She quickly followed that up with assurances like, "Judah, you look cute with puffy eyes" and "It's OK, Judah, you're still cute"! Ezra had tears when he saw him, and I spent some time holding him, telling him how proud I am of him and his tender heart. Reassuring him about Judah. Telling him what a wonderful big brother God made him to be for Judah. Eli is taking everything in stride.

I'm eager for the next couple of days to be over. Swelling will peak around Friday morning, and then he should start feeling a little more like himself. Thanks for praying!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment