Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Neither

When will I learn that there is never a simple, black-and-white answer or outcome when it comes to my darling little stinker? He is no longer that naive, innocent little person who has no idea what's coming or what to expect during a test. He is not so trusting anymore. Now...he knows. The test was completely inconclusive, because Judah was completely uncooperative. The test didn't even officially happen. I guess that's better than a fail, but frustrating all the same. He'll have to start seeing the Speech Therapist at Childrens again (good thing we like her so much!) for a little while so we can start "trialing" him. We'll gradually start thinning his liquids and watch for signs of aspiration. I have no idea how long a process like this takes, but I'm still optimistic. I thinned his water at lunch today and he drank it like he's been drinking that consistency forever. Not a single sputter. That's definitely a good sign!

In spite of the fact that he didn't do a single thing that he was supposed to today, he still got to pick a prize out of the treasure chest...of course:) I love watching him do this, because to me it's such a normal, big boy thing to do. Just like any other 2 1/2 yr. old! After much deliberation, he came home with a bath book.

Thanks for praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment