Friday, December 10, 2010

A Prayer Request

This quick note is just to make you all aware of a...hiccup, so to speak, with Judah's growth hormone medication. It was all set to be delivered here on Tuesday, but this morning our Norditropin case manager (whom I looove, by the way) called me to let me know that Medicaid has denied coverage of this drug due to non-compliance during the summer months. Remember with me now, that was when Judah was vomiting on the old medication, Nutropin, and we had several weeks of being on and off again until the dr. finally took him off for good. He then gave us a sample pen of the new drug, Norditropin, to try to make sure that Judah could tolerate it. We used 2 sample pens while we waited for the insurance company to switch over to covering the new drug...which involved lots and lots of paperwork and documentation, from what I understand. Apparently, somewhere in there, Medicaid thinks that the doctor didn't "follow the rules" and so is refusing coverage. It's complicated and I don't really understand it myself; but here's the bottom line: Judah needs this medication or he won't grow. It's hard not to become discouraged because of everything we went through over the summer. We finally got into a pattern of using the drug every night, no vomiting, and GROWTH; and now this.

So, while you all pray about this with me, I will choose to believe and remember that God saw this coming, and He's totally in control. No matter the outcome.

Thanks for praying!

1 comment:

  1. I have been praying about the g-hormone..any news???

    ReplyDelete