Wednesday, March 9, 2011

February is over, and so is Judah's hiatus from doctors. It was nice while it lasted. Still, I don't really have anything to complain about. His schedule is so much lighter than it was even a few months ago!

Today I had to call his pulmonologist to get
him in. He's got another cold/upper respiratory something
that he's just not kicking. Poor baby. Not sure what the dr. will find or prescribe, but Judah definitely needs a little extra help this time around.

Next week we see the plastic surgeon for our final follow-up (I
think) before they schedule surgery in April. I just got butterflies. That's next month already! I'm still not ready to do this one again. I keep praying for a miracle...well, many in this case. At this point, God seems to have other plans. I don't understand that, but I trust Him. While I struggle to get past the anger and frustration of having to put Judah through this again.

At the end of the month we see the ophthalmologist, and then the allergist/pulmonologist again. I'm eager to see our "eye guy", because I like him so much; but also because I want to know how Judah's vision is developing. He's compensating for his droopier eye by holding it open with his thumb
all the time - which is actually really adorable and endearing - but I know this can't be a good thing to have to do long term in order to see, and I wonder what he's missing because he can't see well out of that eye. (You can see him doing it a little bit in this picture.)

Aside from being sick, Judah is still doing great. The child is eating like...well, like a kid who's trying to catch up with the rest of the almost-2-year-olds of the world. Can't wait to get him weighed and measured today. He's still not officially crawling, but he can't get any closer without actually doing it. And he loves blocks and mega blocks - something I discovered last night in an attempt to keep him occupied while I made supper:)


1 comment:

  1. Loved the pictures! Great smile! Praying Judah kicks the cold/ whatever it might be...and for the rest of the appointments this month, and for you...of course you!

    ReplyDelete