Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"A Sign of the Times"

Judah has really latched on to this signing thing. Finally, after months of repetition! It's so fun to see him sign consistently and successfully! I think he loves it too, because he's figured out that if he signs "eat" he gets all kinds of different foods:) Because of all the progress he's made physically and mentally in the last few months, and the fact that he'll be 2 soon, I believe that he's ready for us to make more progress in the area of sign language. I have no idea what his speech capabilities are going to be. At this point he only has a handful of sounds. So, while we continually work on the oral, I think we need to put more effort into the signing. I talked to his teacher today when she was here for therapy, and she had some great suggestions and ideas for how to incorporate more signing into our daily routine. I'm a little overwhelmed by the task of learning more signs and routinely using them, but I'm also a little excited about it. Knowing how well Judah has responded to signing already, I believe that he'll make great progress here...on his timetable;) This is a new challenge, but with God's help I can do this, and so can Judah. And little Miss Lydia will make the challenge much more enjoyable (and hilarious) as she learns the new signs with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment