Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Judah's First Word!!!

We were at ALDI yesterday, and Judah was holding my notebook in the cart. He dropped it, so I said, "Uh-oh!" And then - oh, music to my ears - he copied me! We said it back and forth to each other several times, and he started giggling, and Lydia and I were clapping, and it was awesome! He can't actually make the "uh-oh" sounds, but he understands the intonation and the context and he grunts it. Totally counts!!! I'm so excited for him...and for us! I can't wait to see what he gets next --- MAMA!

I think he's almost back to his pre-op self. He's sleeping almost normally - thank. You. Jesus. - and he's eating a lot better than he was. He's definitely back to his silly, giggly little self:)

He had PT yesterday and did awesome in his walker! I've had a hard time working with him in there, knowing exactly how to motivate him to move forward and work a little bit. Yesterday we found his game: chasing Lydia from one side of the house to the other. It was hilarious to see him stepping, finding his own little rhythm that swaggers from side to side. Too cute for words! I'll have to get it on video. He made some great strides yesterday, and I think is finally starting to grasp the concept of moving himself forward.

I had a cool moment with Judah the other day. It's something that most people would never even notice, but it struck me as a special moment of normalcy. I kneeled on the floor, and pulled him up onto my legs. I reached forward to put his shoes on...and right there, as he was tucked up against my chest, watching me put on his shoe I realized that this was something so normal. Something I would do with any other little 2 year old. Something so mundane under any other circumstance; but a moment in time that I really appreciated sharing with Judah. I don't know if this really makes sense on paper, but I'm so glad I had that moment of clarity and reflection with him. It was a moment to thank God for Judah and all the normal, mundane things we get to do with him. There was a time when we just didn't know...

I appreciate your prayers for Judah's upcoming procedures.
1. That schedules would coordinate so Judah can have his tubes and lids done at the same time.
2. That he'll stay healthy for the procedures. No ear infections because of the fluid!


No comments:

Post a Comment