Tuesday, May 11, 2021

From the Waiting Room

 I have written so many posts from this room. Some weightier than others. Thank You, Jesus that today's wait is not a long, heavy one.

As usual, the Children's staff killed it. They are so kind and compassionate, so careful with Judah, knowing how anxious he is. Everyone's ducks are in a row, and he's currently getting his anesthesia and 1st round of testing. He was either on my lap or holding my hand since arriving at 6 this morning, and he cried when it was time to let go and move to another bed to go back. That was hard. I got super close, looked into his eyes, and reminded him that when Mom and Dad can't be there Jesus is with him, holding him all the time. Jared prayed with him, kisses, and that was that. 

We've done anesthesia over 20 times, and that goodbye never gets easier. But trusting the One Who Sees has, so at least it's gotten easier to get past the goodbye and wait. 

I'll keep everyone posted. I don't anticipate any hiccups with this part of the morning. The difficult part could come when it's time for his 2nd test and he has to be awake. 

Please pray that the Lord would flood Judah with warmth and peace, and a sense of His presence, so that Judah will remain calm and relaxed on the table for all of the imaging. Pray that anxiety won't take hold, so that his body can function during imaging, and the docs can see what they need to. 

I have to say, I am overwhelmed by the amount of texts and messages Jared and I have gotten this morning! I realize that in the grand scheme of things, our time at Children's this morning is not a huge deal. We've experienced much bigger deal, scarier days. But the fact that so many of you are willing to carry our burdens for Judah with us, pray for him and for us, feel the weight of our concern for him and his anxiety - all of it. Guys, thank you! Thank you, Family. Thank you, Friends. Thank you, Church. Thank you, Miss Leamon's class all the way in Hungary! I'm humbled, again, to experience this community and the power of prayer! 

Love you guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment