Thursday, June 4, 2009

My Eager Beaver

Well, it appears this little boy is a little more eager to arrive than I thought! I saw my midwife this morning for "the strip", and she told me my membranes had already started separating from the uterine wall. While I'm not exactly sure what that means, I do understand this: 3 1/2 cm, 80% effaced, -1 station. At 37 weeks on the dot. I'm not sure I'll make it through the night! But thank You, Lord, that You are in control of every second of this pregnancy, You have chosen Judah's birthday, and You are with me today. The uncertainty that awaits us just beyond meeting this little one is a heavy burden, but the anticipation of finally meeting him is more than enough to overshadow that weight! Can't wait!!

3 comments:

  1. Ah honey, praying all goes well! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know where else to post this -- happy birthday, Judah! We're so glad you're here! We are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know you but I am praying for you and Judah. Isn't God good to know a good and loving God? To be able to know that Judah has his own plan and God has already orchestrated his life, and those that his life will touch in a way that no one else can? I am amazed at God's loving touch on you and your family. "Oh, how He loves you and me." Now you will soon be able to touch this special little one you've loved for so long in a tangible way. He awaits that from his mommie. Enjoy everything about him.

    ReplyDelete