Thursday, June 18, 2009

That Moment

Our lives are often changed in just a moment. The moment we say "YES" to Jesus. The moment we realize we're really in love. The moment we say "I do". The moment we find out we're going to have a baby. The moment we we see and hold that beautiful new baby for the first time. And, for me, the moment I held Judah for the first time in 13 days. Yes, my life changed in that moment yesterday afternoon. Judah came off the vent, and 10 minutes later he was in my arms. I wish I could explain what I was feeling in the moments leading up to that one precious one. Aniticipation, a little anxiety, excitement...I was on the edge of my seat! Up to that moment I could only imagine and dream about what that little boy was going to feel like against my skin...how he would smell...how he would completely melt my heart. I wish I could describe the feelings that overwhelmed me when the nurse finally placed him in my arms. But I think those will just always remain in my heart...between me and the Lord and Judah. Oh, he felt so good, though. Warm, soft, smelling so sweet. He just snuggled right in and slept against my heart. I will always remember that moment (and the hour that followed) as one of the most precious of my life.

4 comments:

  1. Hooray! I'm thrilled for you, Bethany!
    Becky Morrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie R18/6/09 2:57 PM

    Oh my goodness Bethany =') I can't imagine what that was like to hold your precious Judah! So happy for the progress he is making, and continuing to pray for you all (thank you for keeping the blog updated!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weeping with joy along with you! It's so generous of you to share this moment with us --

    Because of Jesus,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Bethany-This video clip was amazing to watch! I felt like I was right there with you-balling out of joy and excitement for you! Thanks so much for sharing-what a sweet baby boy that little Judah is, I just love him!

    Melissa Gustafson

    ReplyDelete