Thursday, October 8, 2009

For the Joy of Judah

I have been enjoying Judah more and more. He is truly such a delight and a joy to be around! He is very content and rarely fusses. People at the lab or various doctor's offices are always commenting on what a little champ, sweet boy, or adorable baby he is...while they're poking and prodding him, and he's laying there without a sound of protest! Seriously, he's amazing! God either gifted him with an extraordinarily sweet disposition, or a very high pain tolerance...or maybe a combination of both:) I have had so much fun with him lately. He smiles so easily and has the cutest, most endearing smile of any baby!! God has allowed me to thoroughly enjoy just Judah; I have been able to look past what he's not doing - holding his head up, focusing, reaching out for me - to see the beauty of who he is just as he is! God has enabled me to accept more and more each day the fact that Judah is on his own timetable. I don't consider him to be "delayed". He is right on time according to the timetable that God has created for him. Our little lion. I love his squishy, squishy cheeks, and his eyebrows that go up and down to convey all kinds of emotion! He is so easy to kiss and squeeze and love all over. He invites it just by being his little sweet self. I just can't seem to keep my hands or lips to myself! His brothers and sister have that same "problem"! I love his tiny, tiny feet. They are growing up faster than they are growing out! And his chubby hands and fingers - all 12. Judah is just so very special.









We were at the doctor's office for his 4 mo. wellness check this morning. An appointment that was scheduled for 8:45 and ended at Childrens at the lab at 11:50. I will never again take for granted a simple check-up! Everything is fine, but it was a looong morning. Good news is he's now 9 lb. 13 3/4 oz. (before his breakfast) & 21 in. long. He's growing and thriving on just the milk that I'm pumping; an accomplishment I am very proud of! And I'll just continue to thank God that we get to enjoy this "newborn" phase awhile longer:)

4 comments:

  1. He is the most precious little boy! I absolutely love his pictures and the stories of everyone loving him sooo much! Stay and be encouraged and abundantly blessed! Lindsay D from NTBI

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful baby! He is so lucky to have you as a mom! I LOVE the last pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious Judah, precious mother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what blessings there is in the midst of the unknown! He is so beautiful and God is using him already. Thanks for the great pics!

    ReplyDelete