Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Morning After

Praise the Lord for a good night! Judah slept a solid 8 hours last night, allowing his body to get much needed rest & his mommy to do the same! Unfortunately, we had a rough start this morning with rounds, meds, 2 rounds of lab work, and another breathing treatment, but Judah is resting now...content and happy:) I still don't really have any details as to what is going on inside that adorable, chubby little body. The doctor will be coming by any minute to round on him and hopefully give me some answers. I don't know what the chest x-rays showed or if they've determined whether or not this is viral or bacterial. As a precautionary measure he's been placed in isolation. Meaning the flu (H1N1) hasn't been ruled out...so whenever I leave his room - which is almost never - it is strongly suggested that I wear a mask. Jared balked at this a little last night when he came to have dinner with me. I told him it wasn't so bad, and we'd just look like hospital staff! The masks don't do much for kissing, though. Boo. Anyway, I'm still holding out hope that we'll be able to go home today. It depends on how he continues to respond to the breathing treatments (nebulizer), and if he's able to continue eating well. They turned off his iv this morning - YAY - so that's a definite step in the right direction. As I'm writing this a respiratory therapist is in here checking on Judah. She's having a hard time staying focused, though, because Judah keeps smiling and giggling at her. What a joy to see my darling boy interact with the staff and make them smile! He is such a charming little flirt! Little ladies man, surrounded by nurses and student nurses this morning, just eating up all the attention:)

More details later...

Thanks for the continued prayer...

GOD.IS.GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment