Monday, June 21, 2010

A Good Report

We'll see how much I can get down here with Judah sitting on my lap! He's become quite the grabby boy lately...which is something I will never complain about, since it's quite an accomplishment! Just wanted to get a few recent things down here while I had a chance. And for anyone that's wondering... Yes, I'm absolutely dying to sit down and write all about his birthday party, reminisce about the last year, and share pictures. However, I need a good chunk of time to really do that, so that's what I'm waiting for.

Anyway, about that report...

Judah is doing really well right now! He's been healthy since he got over the bronchitis, so we haven't had to reschedule any procedures he's had since then. On June 7 he had an MRI and a skeletal survey. The survey showed no skeletal anomalies - praise the Lord - so he should be able to grow normally on the growth hormone! There's no skeletal anomaly preventing him from learning to walk, etc. We're relieved, to say the least. The MRI showed no changes over the last year. Again, we are so relieved! All of the..."issues" in Judah's brain have the potential to get worse or deteriorate, but his conditions remained stable!! That means that there's nothing that needs to be done now, and he'll have another MRI in 6-12 mo. We still have no idea what any of his brain development means as far as delays both physically and mentally, but that's fine with me. We take everything a day at a time. He is who he is and I couldn't be more in love with him!!

On June 15 I woke up to the sound of Judah babbling beside me! "Mamamamamama" - YES!!! He's officially babbling a little bit every day, "Mamamama", and I can't tell you how excited I am about it! I know he's not calling me "Mama", but to hear those sounds coming out of his mouth is so precious to me! This is a major milestone for him:)

On the 18 Judah had a follow-up with his ophthalmologist to gauge how well his eye muscle is responding to the Botox injection he received in May. I haven't been able to see much improvement, but Dr. L. could see progress, and he was happy with that. So, of course, I'm happy with that. We're praying now that his brain will be able to maintain the alignment of that eye on its own. If not, then when we go back in Oct. we'll have to talk about other options, i.e. surgery. He'll also dilate Judah again to check his vision. Since Judah is borderline in the vision department, he'll be looking for improvement...otherwise we'll be picking out little tiny frames. Yikes.


Judah's therapy is going really well, and he finally got his new chair. He loves it!


Judah has also finally graduated from size 0-3!! Not because he's so long, mind you, but because he's just too chubby to fit into those little clothes! He's become so, so rolly poly, all 16 lbs. 23 1/2 in. of him! He's so squishy and fun to kiss and cuddle:)

And finally, some very good news. I just got a call from Judah's soon-to-be local distributor of Nutropin, the Growth Hormone Replacement Therapy drug. Everything and everyone has finally been approved! Tomorrow a nurse will be calling me to set up a time for her to come here and teach me how to do the injections, and then we will officially start the treatment! Yay!! Our endocrinologist told us that because the receptors that respond to growth hormone in Judah's body are so arid from not having any hormone, they'll soak up the drug like crazy, and in this first year Judah will grow at double the rate of a normal child. In a year he'll catch up to his growth chart! So basically, my 4-5 mo. old sized baby will be the size of a 2 yr. old in just one year. If all goes well. I have a hard time picturing that. He's been so tiny for a whole year, and now all of a sudden he's going to be big. Good news, yes!

Well, it's taken me over 30 min. to write this, because of these 4 darling distractions I call my children. And now I just can't put them off any longer. Time for a walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment