Monday, October 10, 2011

Surgery #1

We talked to the plastic surgeon about a half hour ago, and he told us everything went well with the revision. He's happy. The next 3 weeks will be important as we keep Judah in elbow restraints to prevent little fingers from opening the new repair; and the next 6 weeks he'll be on a soft diet. I'm a little bit nervous after talking to the doctor about prognosis. There is no guarantee that this revision will be the last. When dealing with scar tissue, the general rule is that the more there is the more likely the need for more repair will arise. That's a lot of "more". I originally thought that this would be it for him. In reality, scar tissue is unpredictable and it is possible that another revision is in his future. It will be a challenge for me to surrender my anxiety and just stay in the moments of each day, but that's my prayer for my own heart.

Just got another update, and the general surgeon is already on the 2nd hernia. He'll be wrapping up soon, and then Judah will be on his way down to MRI.

As I think about what the rest of the day will look like for Judah, I'm trying to come to the Lord with open hands, surrendering Judah and my Mama grip on him. Surrendering my fear and anxiety. Surrendering my sadness. Judah is His and He is good.

Thanks for your continued prayer. Thanks for being God's arms around us, holding us up. And thanks to those of you who will extend your arms, literally, to hold us up in the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment