Sunday, October 30, 2011

Zzzzz...

Tomorrow is the 3 week mark since Judah's surgery - yay! We've almost made it to the no-restraint portion of his recovery:) While I'm thrilled for his sake that he'll no longer have to deal with them, I have to admit that I appreciate those restraints when we go outside and I can set Judah on the ground to explore without fear of him choking on...everything. As far as I can tell the repair is still intact; however, I'm eager to hear what the surgeon has to say on Tuesday.

Judah is still not sleeping or eating well. His progress at mealtimes has been veeeerrrry slooooow, and a cold has complicated an already interrupted sleep routine.

Speaking of a cold... I decided to take him to see his ped. tomorrow. He's had a cough and some wheezing over the last few days that Duo-Neb and Pulmicort are just not kicking. The magic word in Judah's care is "pro-active", so it's probably already a little past time to go. He also has this weird skin thing going on around his button that drives him mad with itching. I just can't seem to get rid of it, so hopefully Dr. A. will be able to offer some help there, too.

The MRI that he had on the 10th showed fluid behind his ear drums. Last week we saw his ENT who concluded that Judah's tubes need to be replaced. They're both blocked and he failed another hearing test. I almost can't believe he's looking at another anesthesia, but... If I'm going to choose to be thankful it's for these reasons:
-For the 1st time ever he's only having 1 procedure done, so this will be out-patient.
-While they're in there, they'll do an ABR which is a hearing test at the brain level. Any time
a kid continues to be non-verbal, hearing is always a question. This will be informative.
-He hasn't had any ear infections.

I got a call from the eye surgeon's office, and we meet with him on Nov. 10. Yet another procedure, but I'm so thankful that he's getting closer and closer to being able to look around like a normal person;)

Judah got his new KidWalk! The rep. from the equipment company came out with our PT last week to get Judah all set up and ready to rock 'n roll...or wheel 'n walk! It was a little odd to think that this piece of equipment wasn't on loan, but actually belongs to him. There's a permanence and a reality check that comes with that. I am so grateful for this piece, though, and the opportunity it affords him. He needs it!

Lately, I've been battling a lot of discouragement and doubt. It revolves around the sale of our house and is exacerbated by lack of sleep. I'm exhausted. It's hard to be all peppy and positive when I'm so tired. Anyway, on Thursday God showed us that He is still in control, He is still involved in every detail, and He is still "on time". The wait is difficult, but I am so encouraged and humbled by the fact that God revealed Himself to us in such a way last week. Our God is indeed AWESOME!



No comments:

Post a Comment