Sunday, June 27, 2021

From the 5th Floor: the morning after

Bible next to me, computer on my lap, vanilla latte in hand, and Judah giggling at Office bloopers. All is right in our world again. I realize that is slightly dramatic, but it's really not far from the truth. I have found so much peace and comfort between the pages of my Bible and the keyboard of this computer lately. And coffee. And one of my favorite sounds is Judah's laugh, especially after a rough day. 

He had a good night last night. He woke up all Mr. Personality at 6:20 this morning and has been loving the extra attention! And the hospital food. Weirdo. I love listening to him interact with other adults. I really never know what he might say, how he will answer a question, or which member of the family he'll tell something embarrassing about. So far this morning he told his nurse an embarrassing baby Eli story, told the doctor how bad Ezra smells after football practice, and has told everyone about Puppy Charlie. 

The good news is that there is no indication of some serious underlying something. No signs of infection. No glaring reason for his sodium dip yesterday.  It appears that his endocrine and metabolic complexities just got the best of him. I've learned a couple things that I'll take with me moving forward, so next time I'll hopefully be able to prevent a trip up here. As long as his endo isn't concerned with numbers today we'll be able to go home. 

Now that Judah knows I'm writing in his blog he keeps asking me what I'm saying about him. Haha! And he wanted me to read all the comments from FB. His face lights up and he just grins as he listens. If you all keep cheering him on so well I might have a hard time getting his head through the door! He loves hearing from all his people. But he's getting a little antsy, because I told him as soon as I was done writing he could use my computer to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. 

I continue to log things that I'm thankful for, and it's incredible to experience the feeling of being filled full that comes with that. 

Thank you for praying and cheering Judah on! 



No comments:

Post a Comment