Monday, June 14, 2021

From the Waiting Room I

 There isn't really anything to report yet, but I would be remiss if I didn't take this opportunity to write down how God has met us here today.

Judah was more anxious this time. Covering his ears, tears, holding on to Mom. The staff was so kind and thoughtful of him. Attentive to his needs and how they might help. I'm so thankful for that. 

When the nurses came to get him he started crying and holding on to me. We prayed with him. But right before they started wheeling him out I thought to say that I bet the nurses would love to hear about his brothers! His tears dried up instantly as those nurses started asking him questions about his brothers. Praise Jesus for the gift of brothers who love Judah well, and whom he adores! And I'm so thankful that the Lord gave me that thought! 

A nurse walked us out to an area of waiting that we never sit in. Seriously. Never. We walked over to a bench, having no idea of the divine appointment that God had ordained for us and the younger dad we were about to meet. What a tremendous gift to sit with Casey and hear a small part of his story and what brought him and his wife to Childrens. To have "church" in the middle of the Childrens lobby. To encourage each other and pray for each other. Man, that's cool. I absolutely love how God moves His people and how amazing it is to meet brothers and sisters in Christ wherever we are. God, thank You for this gift today. For this tangible way that You provided comfort and encouragement for our own hearts, through the privilege of comforting and encouraging another. Would you take a moment to pray for little Arrow? He was born on Judah's birthday - June 4 - and is still in the NICU. 

Our Sovereign God does all things for our good and HIS glory. For HIS Kingdom purposes. That is a beautiful Truth to find rest in.

No comments:

Post a Comment