Saturday, June 26, 2021

Snagsville



 So we’ve hit a snag. Maybe. I don’t officially know yet. 

Judah has been lethargic and sleeping all day. When he fell back to sleep this morning after 7:30 I thought, “Well, yeah, fireworks season. Interrupted sleep because of interrupted schedule. Not weird.” When he woke up and then went back to sleep at 10 I thought, “Hm.” When he was still sleeping at noon I knew something was not right. For Judah, sleep can be an indicator that his body is fighting something, or something is brewing. The only variable that is different right now is dear King George, a.k.a. the Foley. After talking to the on call urologist, Jared, and our resident nurse (Mom), my gut still said “Warning! Something’s not right! Go, mama!”

*****

Aaaaand the dr just gave me the report. To catch you up, I brought Jude to the ER to get checked out, thinking UTI maybe. They’re keeping him overnight. I fought it, I lost. Low sodium and wonky electrolytes which can be dangerous for this little mister. 

So that’s not at all how I thought this would go. We haven’t been in this place - ER, admitted - in a long time. Thank You, Jesus! Seriously, I have been so thankful for how well he has been these last few years. Even amidst the ups and downs we’ve managed at home. 

Judah is thrilled that we get to have a sleepover together. Because Mom is still his favorite person and the one he would always pick to have a sleepover with. I, however, and feeling a little differently about that. I will say though, that I’m lying in this hospital bed in the ER snuggling my sweet boy with no tv, no music, nothing. Except of course this quick post. And honestly, I’m kind of loving it. He has pulled away from me a little this year, so to have several hours of just holding him… And knowing that there’s nothing serious or really scary going on… 



I’m reading Ann Voskamp’s “1,000 Gifts” right now. I actually read her chapter about the gift of time while waiting for the dr here.  How we hurry, hurry, hurry and miss out on the beauty of moments because we’re not present there. Fully present and engaged. And here I am being forced to do nothing but wait and snuggle and choose to be present and see God and His grace and goodness here. I will cry, because I’m sad and tired and I would much rather be at home. But seriously, I have so much to be thankful for and I am not alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment