Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Shouldn't modern technology be quieter?

I had my MRI today. It was quite an experience. It was...weird. Now I understand why they ask you 5 times if your claustrophobic. I really think a casket is more spacious! And the noise! I felt like I was standing directly in front of a giant alarm clock on steroids beeping through a megaphone...and that was with the ear plugs in! Seriously, with all the advances in modern technology, I really think they should be able to figure out a way to make this thing a little quieter! Anyway, my biggest "fear" with this MRI was that Judah, Mr. Can't-Hold-Still-For-A-Single-Second-Of-An-Ultrasound, would not "cooperate", and the dr. wouldn't be able to see what she needed to see. Jared and I prayed about it this morning before I left, and after the MRI I felt like a "ye of little faith". Judah would kick and squirm between pictures, but sure enough, he was totally still for almost every picture! Of course, it might also be that the sheer noise of that machine simply stunned him into stillness! At any rate, I know that God was there with us. He's been right beside me (and Jared) every second of this journey...walking down this road with us...holding our hands, holding us up, or carrying us along. He's amazing and good all the time. I'll call in for my results within the next couple days. I don't know what information might be awaiting me, but I know that I'll be able to stand up under it and thank God in it.

1 comment:

  1. I am a friend of Amy's who hopped over to check out your blog.

    I had a cervical MRI in Nov. You are so right about the casket thing. I was fighting a little chest cold at the time and after about the 2nd picture started to feel like I couldn't breath...a few scriptures later, I was calmer and more put together. I made it through with no drama, but definately felt like I was crammed inside a broken printer. The noise was awful.

    ReplyDelete