Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter

We had a wonderful Easter! We were able to spend it with my family and some good friends in WI. It was a full day, but I so enjoyed watching my kids have fun with their cousins, and watching Lydia play with other little girls! It was good to catch up with family and friends, be outside, do some special things with our kids later in the day, and rest. But my favorite part of Easter is always the worship. There is something about Easter morning worship...it's more powerful, more uplifting, more exciting, more...wonderful! Maybe it's just me, but spending the morning with the Body of Christ in worship, on the day that we celebrate Christ's victory over sin and death, and our victory as well, is just...exhilirating! We win! And the very same power that raised Christ from the dead is in me, available to me through Christ! I mean, how could that not be exhilirating?! Of course, the trick is to know how to appropriate that power into my daily life and walk with the Lord...but the reminder of that on Easter morning is awesome:)



Our entire visit in WI was a good one! Jared was gone to NC for a couple of those days, but we had a great time doing some special things with Grandma & Grandpa, and the kids were very well behaved for their mama:) Thanks to my mother who shows her love to me through service, I actually had time to relax as well! Mom, you're such a gift to me & I love you and appreciate you dearly!


At the park

Lydia's 1st time mini golfing


Meeting Avery

Cousins


Bowling

Easter morning

No comments:

Post a Comment