Tuesday, April 6, 2010

*Sigh* It's good to be back! I miss this space when I can't be here. However, I was much too busy vacationing with my cousin in Oklahoma to sit down and try to blog about it! Wow, that trip was so much better than I anticipated, and I needed it more than I thought! I've never spent that much time away from my kids before, and I thought I would really miss them. I thought I would get a little homesick and miss Jared more. But truth be told, the day before it was time to come home I couldn't believe my visit was coming to a close, and I really didn't feel ready to go. I was having way too much fun! Movies and pie in the middle of the day, coffee, making cards, talking and laughing, church, running errands around Enid (I never did see those high rises my cousin claims they have *wink wink*), playing with the kids, and sleeping better than I have in months - it all made for the most refreshing, relaxing, and all around good time I've had in a very long time!! I would even say that some soul healing took place. (Thankfully, though, by the time I stepped on the plane in OK City to come home, I was looking forward to loving on my kids and being home with Jared!) It was also so good for me to see my cousin interacting with her kids and husband, being a mom and a wife. She is one of the very few women in my life that I have always respected, admired, and aspired to be like. She's amazing, and I'm praying that some of her rubbed off on me while I was there:)

Thanks for everything, Aim! You'll never know the extent of the "good" that happened for me and in me while I was with you. And by the way, Jared thinks that we should make this an annual thing. Can you believe that?! So, I guess next time it's your turn to get away:) Love you!

2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing!! i have been checking the blog, hoping to hear good things about your time away! yeah! aren't cousins the best?! :) amazing to have so many friends that are family too! have a good day!

    jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. The feeling is mutual. :) Love you too...

    ReplyDelete