Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Another Dose of Good News!!

Good news from GI, and now from Ophthalmology! Our appointment ran sooo long. We were there for 2 1/4 hours! But, it was all worth it in the end:) Let's break it down:

* Judah's alignment looks good, which means the Botox is working & Judah's brain is working, and we don't need to consider another injection or eye muscle surgery any time soon!

* Judah's far-sightedness has actually improved slightly, which means NO GLASSES!

* Judah no longer needs to be patched to avoid lazy eye!

After discussing all of this I was so excited! In mid-celebration the doctor looked into my eyes and said, "God is good". That just made me even happier! I said, "Absolutely!" We had a little, tiny praise fest right there in the doctor's office!

2 issues remain for Judah:

*He is unable to move his eyes to the right. He compensates by turning his head. This could be a developmental delay, but even if it never corrects, it's not anything major.

*He has droopy eyelids. People who don't know him always think he's on the verge of a nap. It's kinda funny sometimes. Anyway, for now they don't interfere with his vision, but this is something that's always in the back of the dr.'s mind. He wants to wait and see how Judah's face changes as he grows. Should the droopiness ever effect his vision, it can be surgically corrected. That's a long way down the road, though.

So, as of now, we have 5 1/2 months - that's right, FIVE & A HALF MONTHS - before we need to go back, and we have nothing to do with his eyes before then! No patching, nothing! Praise the Lord!

On a side note... On the way home from this visit, I was thinking about how ridiculously happy I was feeling. Some people that read this blog probably think I'm over the top...I overreact...I'm way too emotional. Well, I am...to an extent. I feel things deeply. That's really hard sometimes, because when I'm low, I'm really low. Sad things are really sad. Hard things are really hard. The good thing about that, though, is that those emotions push me to run to Jesus, because of how deeply I feel. Another good thing is that when it's time to celebrate - when there's even a little bit of good news, a little bit of happy - I really celebrate, and I'm really happy! So, here's to being really happy about this appointment, Judah's improvement, God's touch on his little body:)

GOD. IS. GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment