Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Faith Walk

I think those 2 words sum up my life and my life with Jared perfectly. I had no idea that's what I was signing up for when I said yes to Jesus at the tender age of 3, then again when I said yes to PNG at 16, then yes again when I started Bible school at 20, and finally when I said yes to Him and him at 21. I fully realize that now, and also understand that walking by faith is a choice...and a privilege. I have seen the overwhelming blessings and benefits of faith-walking more in the last 20 months than in all the other years of my life combined! Not to mention the fact that choosing to live by faith, taking big and small steps of faith, totally trusting God to provide and make a way is much more exciting than the alternative. I like being in control and having a plan, but I have to admit that in the last year-and-a-half I have decided that I don't really want to be in control and make my plans happen, because God's plans, purposes, and timing are perfect for me and my family...even when I don't understand it.

The newest step in this faith walk has had to do with Jared's car. On Monday he found out that the Hot Rod needs about $800+ in exhaust parts, plus labor. Ouch. Thankfully, Jared didn't consult me about this, but just decided that he should sell the car and go from there. (That's right, I like it when my husband sometimes makes decisions without my input. It means he's the man, he's the head of this family, and I don't have to worry about everything. It's comforting and makes me feel secure. Anyway...) The scary parts about that were not knowing if it would even sell so we could have some money for another car, and the fact that we have no money for another car. Well, God already took care of the 1st half of that. Yesterday evening, as we were getting ready for Tribe, God sold that car for $450. No advertising, just a sign in the window, and all of a sudden it's gone! Now for the 2nd half. I could freak out now that we're down to 1 vehicle, have no prospects and virtually no money for a replacement; but God has given me His peace. And a lot of experience in trusting Him with impossible situations. On Tuesday a friend from work loaned Jared his truck for a few days, and I know that at just the right moment God will bring the right vehicle along. I have no idea how this will all work out, but that's part of the fun and privilege of living this way. We get to see God work and move and provide on our behalf...because He loves us and delights in us. Because we are His, and He has promised to care for us. Obviously that promise doesn't automatically include a new car. But I believe that whatever His provision looks like, it will be exactly what we need at exactly the right time, and He will provide the means to attain it. Lord, I praise You now for what You have done, what You are doing, and what You will do in us and for us.

Another step of this walk has been our house. Our contract ended this month, and we had to make a quick decision about what to do. Trusting God's leading, we decided to take it off the market through the Holidays, and then re-list in January. It's been nice taking a break, and I feel relief. *sigh* (That's a sigh of relief, in case you didn't catch that.) We're not sure what God will do here, either. We're so eager to move closer to our MW kids, but at the same time, I'm so attached to our IFSP team and the regional planning team here in Ralston. Lydia's been evangelizing Judah's ladies with her Cubbies Bible verses, and everything that happens at Cubbies:), so God might not be done with us here yet. These ladies are in our home every week, so there are lots of opportunities for them to see Jesus. Again, it's a matter of trusting God's plan and timing...trusting Him and His goodness & faithfulness!

Totally changing the subject... My washing machine has been out of commission for a few days. It's been leaking, so I've only been doing the most necessary laundry. You can imagine the piles that have accumulated. This morning the washing machine man came to fix it. I never would have said this pre-front loading washer, but I'm so excited that my washer is fixed and I can do my laundry!! I looove my washer, and I missed it! Thankyou, Jesus, that it's fixed! I have a huge load in there right now:)

No comments:

Post a Comment