Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Glorious First

He did it. He finally did it. Judah smiled! At me!! He had been napping in his bouncy on Sunday afternoon. When I heard him fuss a bit I went to get him. I started talking to him as I approached him. When he heard my voice he stilled, listened, and then he broke into a beautiful grin! A grin that is completely unique to Judah, because of that cleft. (I'll miss that gap that makes his smile all the bigger.) He wasn't looking at me, but I knew that this smile was for me, and he was responding to my voice! His first real smile, and he gave it to me!

Yesterday afternoon while I had him on the floor to do some "therapy" he smiled some more. It is such a huge deal to see Judah showing emotion beyond just fussing to eat or be held. And he doesn't even fuss much. He's been so blank, so to speak, that to see him smile makes me want to cry!

Now if only I could capture his happy little face on camera...

4 comments:

  1. miracles happen everyday....
    thanks for letting us be apart of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!! Praise Jesus and way to go, little warrior! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! Makes me want to cry too!

    ReplyDelete