Sunday, August 30, 2009

I blew it. I purposely ignored a great opportunity that God handed to me on a silver platter. Gr. I had Judah at Childrens on Friday for labs again. [On a side note, the girls at the ACCESS center where we check in now recognize us, and this last time one actually used the term "frequent flyer miles" in reference to our walk down the hall to the lab. Not sure how I feel about that yet.] Anyway, when we were in the room for his draw the tech...nurse...blood-drawer...what is their title anyway?...asked if Judah had any siblings with Biblically-based names. After I told him about Elijah, Ezra, and Lydia, he asked if my tattoo was in Hebrew. I told him no, but we liked the script because it looked like Hebrew. Here's the part where Bethany was a complete evangelistic failure. You would think that I would actually tell him what my tattoo said! Hellooo! I'm so mad at myself. And I knew it, too, when we were there. But no. So, I sort of tried "making up for it" in a sense by telling him that we talk a lot about the Lion of Judah. (I'm thinking in the back of my mind that maybe this guy knows Jesus, or at least about Him.) But, again, I blew it. Did I ever say WHO the Lion of Judah IS?!?! I'm ashamed of myself and embarrassed to even admit this. Even if that guy already knows Jesus, this could have turned into an opportunity to encourage him or challenge him spiritually...or even make a cool connection with another believer. I'm such a tremendous dork. I feel even worse because one of the points of my tattoo is to tell people and have a chance to share with others the beauty of "BUT GOD". *sssiiiggghhh* I'm so thankful for God's grace and forgiveness. I'm so thankful that He'll give me lots more opportunities to talk about Him. And I'm so thankful for the promise that He will never forsake or deny me. He's amazing. He is so amazing. I pray that next time I won't be able to keep my mouth shut about Him.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe it was supposed to work out that way? Maybe the guy is going to be thinking about your tattoo until the next time? :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mess up; "but God" is gracious / "but God" forgives; "but God" still likes and wants a relationship with me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. With all your many visits to the lab, you will have him again(trust me) So you WILL have the opportunity to tell him!
    Remember in His time.

    ReplyDelete