Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hymn - Rob Hockney

I love the story of this song. I know that Rob said it's his story, but it also entails the story of every believer. It's about life before Christ, Christ's pursuit of us, life with Christ, and the life that awaits us. I get emotional every time we sing it...and then I end up singing it for the rest of that Sunday. I'm not sure which part is my favorite. Depends on the week or the day. Today I would have to say it's the 3rd verse. God so freely and graciously gives me every good and beautiful thing in my life; but these things are just a tiny, tiny glimpse of what is waiting for me when I finally go Home. There is so much joy in knowing that...and relief! Especially on the really hard days. [Speaking of which, I think another positive consequence of trials and pain in our lives is the longing for Heaven it creates in us. And I really long for Heaven some days. For myself and for Judah.] At any rate, here it is...

Hymn

this heart has been changed by the king of kings
He's revealed to me glory unknown
and in reply to His love my heart sings
the place where the song first was grown

in day of darkness and trouble and fear
no thing or love satisfied
but with capturing grace, a voice in my ear
told me "come, be my son, you are mine."

Chorus
halle--lu-----jah
halle--lu-----jah
(repeat)

now moving through life is a toilsome task
but with every passing day
His light is my strength and He helps when I ask
to take all of my burdens away
chorus

He gives me such joy, such blessing in life
what a God, to so freely give
and yet I rejoice when I feebly try
to fathom the life I shall live
chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment