Wednesday, August 5, 2009

2 month Birthday

I can't believe it, but Judah was 2 months old yesterday! These last 2 months have been the hardest, most painful, fastest, most overwhelming, most educational, most challenging...and yet I have a feeling that someday God will bring me to the place where I also see them as the most beautiful in my life to this point. I've seen God in amazing ways and am not the person I was 2 months ago. And I have the most beautiful little boy to show for it! Judah's labs came back showing too much thyroid...basically. So, the endocrinologist cut his sinthroid medication in half, and in 2 weeks we'll go back to the hospital lab for more blood work. He goes to the endocrine clinic at the end of August, too, so we'll also have everything checked out again then. A little bit of a wake up call for me. This will be a regular part of life for a little boy with Hypopituitarism (underdeveloped and non-functioning pituitary gland). Trips to the lab for blood work, regular visits to the endocrine lab, and medication that directly affects the way Judah acts, behaves, and functions. Too much or too little of his hormone replacement meds makes a difference...potentially a big one. But right now I'm thanking the Lord for these medications that keep Judah alive and well; excellent doctors, nurses, and clinics; labs that have the technology to look at his blood and determine exactly how much medicine he needs; and all of this just 10 minutes from our back door! It's extremely difficult for me to keep a positive attitude about all of these things - seems like I'm still in overwhelmed mode all the time - but this is something else that I can trust the Lord to help me with, and thank Him for His faithfulness in doing so.

6 comments:

  1. What a handsome boy you have. It's hard to believe it's been two months already! Praying for the strength to endure the everyday. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie R5/8/09 11:17 AM

    Wow - two months already??!! He is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious baby boy. Praise God for life. You are in our prayers Jared and Bethany!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 2 month birthday Judah! Thanks for your regular updates, Bethany. I check your blog almost everyday. Praying for you and your precious family! -Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is beautiful. I am praying for you and your family everyday! love, charisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only way to get through life with a special needs child, is the strength from God. With your strong faith you WILL be fine! One day you will look back on this and go wow!!!! You will be amazed with the knowledge God will give you to care for Judah. Happy 2 month b-day Judah, you are a beautiful and wonderful child of God!

    ReplyDelete