Saturday, November 7, 2009

Big Day for this Little Guy

Judah made history on Thursday! He had a weight check/health & physical at the pediatrician's in the morning. For the first time ever his doctor's appointment was just that: strictly a doctor's appointment!! We were outta there in 45 min! No labs, urine samples, or extra anything! Thank You, Jesus!! I was so excited that we were able to be in and out and everything went as expected:) My little champ is now a whopping 10 lb. 9 oz. He's still gaining just what he needs to to stay on track. Bless his ped's pro-breastfeeding heart! He has allowed me to give Judah breast milk exclusively without even hinting at supplementing, even though Judah's gain is technically "borderline". His physical went well, too. He's been officially cleared of his UTI, and since he's now over 10 lb. he's been cleared for surgery. Speaking of which...

Judah's surgery date is Dec. 1. I'm thankful that it's a little farther down the road, and in between the holidays. (I have more time to try to memorize his smile and he'll be just a little bit bigger.) His surgery was a little trickier to schedule, because this little "high profile" champ requires 3 surgeons to be there! Each procedure has its own surgeon so... It'll be a big day for him, and us.

My biggest prayer for Judah in this is that his stay in the hospital will be just the customary 24 hrs. I'm praying that his other illnesses will (miraculously) not effect his recovery or ability to bounce back from the procedures. I'm praying for an easy 3 week recovery process for him. I'm praying that Jared and I will be a testimony to the staff we come into contact with at the hospital during his stay.

Thanks for praying with us.

GOD. IS. GOOD.

2 comments:

  1. Great news....I have not forgotten about you all!! Still praying!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big day ahead! Will be thinking of you and of course praying, that never stops! Hang in there! So many blessings on this thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete