Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Therapy, Teeth, & Tee-Hee-Hees

Judah had another great therapy session today! He continues to improve and get stronger. He's holding his head up more and more, reaching for things, bringing his hands to his mouth, and becoming more active overall. The main things we'll work on for the next few weeks are strengthening his tummy muscles, encouraging more leg movement, and rolling over! We hadn't seen his OT in almost a month (we had his teacher last time), so it was really fun for me to hear her oh and ah over the progress he's made. I love it, because the 2 women that work with him appreciate the little accomplishments like they're big ones...which they are for Judah.

And in other news... Judah is cutting his first tooth! This might sound odd, but in the midst of everything that makes Judah so "special" I forget that he's going to do normal things like teethe! I couldn't believe it when I saw that little mound in his mouth. I found it the day before it started cutting. He didn't fuss like he was teething or anything! All of a sudden there was just a tooth there! He really is the world's most laid back champ of a baby:)

Today I got a great laugh. A good friend stopped by for a bit and gave me a card. I have never been given a card that was so appropriate or so stinkin' funny! Seriously, this is the best card I have ever been given. And any other mom who has ever pumped would say the same. The front of the card has a drawing of a mommish-looking woman on the front, and she says "Whoever said 'there's no use crying over spilled milk' obviously NEVER pumped six ounces, then accidentally dumped it." Oh my word, I'm laughing now! Of course, I freak out over spilling 6 ml, much less 6 oz., but still.

2 comments:

  1. Been there...done that!!! Great great Card!!! And a tooth...that is exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card IS funny! :) My goodness.
    So glad to hear about Judah's fighting victories...goooo JUDAH! We're rooting for you!
    Hugs, friend! Love you!

    ReplyDelete