Tuesday, December 8, 2009

And...

We also saw the pediatrician yesterday for Judah's 6 month wellness check. Overall, it was a good appointment...and we didn't have to go to the lab for anything! Judah finally got caught up on his vaccines, and I was able to talk to the doctor about a few things. I was concerned about the increase in Judah's spitting over the last month; I know that the acid coming up can be more harmful for Judah because of his cleft palate. So, he's now back on Lansoprazole (Prevacid), but I'm more relieved than anything. I know that, for now, that's a good decision for him. My prayer is that as he grows he'll grow right out of this reflux problem. Another thing we discussed was solids. I knew the dr. would be ready for me to start Judah, because of his slooow weight gain. I think Judah is ready, too. I'm just not sure I'm ready. It's a big step, and I started my other kids later. Again, though, I believe that this is a good decision for Judah. I'm so thankful that the Lord has enabled me to provide nourishment for him up to and beyond this point, as well, so that does make it a little bit easier to start him on something else, too. Let me just thank Jesus again for an uneventful check-up!!

And...

I looked up that disease the endocrinologist told me about. I love google. And I hate google. At any rate the disease Judah is being tested for is a type of Adrenal Hyperplasia called 17 Aplha-Hydroxylase. Of course 17 is the rarest form of this disease (as far as I can tell from my reading). It's a defect in the gene for this particular enzyme. It's actually pretty fascinating, but I'd rather it be fascinating for someone else. Thank God for His grace to handle anything...


And...

Judah had his lip stitches removed today!!! Ever since he had them removed he's been smiling and giggling like his old self. Makes me wonder just what they felt like for him. Next week we'll go in to have the stitches in his hands removed. Oh, I wish you could hear this! He's laughing at Ezra right now!! He's such a jolly little guy!

3 comments:

  1. I just read through your most recent updates, Bethany...thank you for sharing your mother's heart. I am so in awe of God's never, ever ending grace in our lives and, to see it so up-close and personal really is incredible. Your little man is a beautiful reminder of why I love my God so very much. Thanks again for letting us in on your journey. Love, Lori Hoppes

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a handsome little guy! - Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing...No stitches....no blood work! What a blessing, Judah is! You are loved!

    ReplyDelete