Tuesday, December 1, 2009

From the Waiting Room 4

Cuddling in the CARES unit


All ready for surgery


Technically, I'm not in the hospital waiting room anymore. However, I am in God's waiting room, so to speak. Waiting to see how God will work and move in Judah's body over the next several weeks. Waiting for Judah's complete healing from these procedures. Waiting to see how God will continue to work and move in me...
That said... My beautiful little boy is sleeping soundly...still!
Going back to "Recovery"...
We got the call in the waiting room that he was ready to be moved upstairs to his room. A volunteer took us to a set of back elevators to meet him and go up together. As we were walking towards the elevators 2 nurses wheeled a little bed towards them, coming from a side hallway. I knew it was him when I saw his fuzzy hair sticking up from the bed:) And then seeing his face...his precious, sweet, adorable little face! I just can't get over that little face! Before today I couldn't understand how he could be as cute after surgery as he was before. I believed that he would be, but I just didn't know how that would be possible. The love that God instills in a mother's heart must be an overwhelmingly powerful thing, because the instant I saw him I was in love all over again. He was sleeping, but opened his eyes a little, responding to our voices, and then went back to sleep. Since then he's just been sleeping. However, even in sleep, he continues to charm the nurses here. They think he's so sweet and adorable, so laid back and easygoing. The best little patient. Well, obviously!

In his room with his new friend



Just Judah

I don't know what this recovery process will look like for Judah. I know it will be painful for him, and so for me, too; but I'm leaning on the Everlasting Arms to walk us through this stretch of road on Judah's journey, as He has each step of the way.

GOD. IS. GOOD.

2 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord...He looks great! What a blessing that sweet face! Praying he has a peaceful night in the hospital!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he looks beautiful bethany! love from us

    ReplyDelete