Friday, December 18, 2009

Thank You Jesus!!

I am beyond happy to report that the lab work for Adrenal Hypoplasia Alpha 17-Hydroxylase came back NORMAL!!! That's right; Judah does NOT have this rare adrenal disease!! Praise the Lord! I was anticipating that this test would come back positive for the disease, so I can't even begin to describe my relief! I don't want to spell anything out because of the sensitivity of some of the markers of this disease, but if he did have this disease his body would not be able to respond to testosterone. Enough said. The nurse is ordering Judah's first dose of testosterone today, and he'll get that injection early next week! Among the obvious side effects of this hormone replacement are also possible overall growth and weight gain. Oddly enough Judah's growth hormone levels were elevated, but will be re-tested at the beginning of January. Thankfully, growth hormone replacement has been put on hold, and we'll see how Judah responds to his first 2 rounds of testosterone (given 4 weeks apart).

Thank You, thank You, thank You, Lord!!! I was so grieved by the possibility that there could be 3 diseases in that 1 tiny little body. God, I know You would have sustained us and given us the grace and strength to handle this and everything it would have meant for Judah; but I am so thankful that in Your sovereignty You have allowed Judah to live without this sickness.

To God be the Gory!

1 comment: