Tuesday, March 23, 2010

God's Perfect Provision

I've been struggling emotionally lately. A lot. I won't go into detail now - that's another post for another time - but I wanted to put down what has really struck me during these last few weeks that have been so tough.

God knows what I need better than I do, and He graciously and abundantly provides.

Lunch at home with a best friend.
A week with a "long lost" cousin who blessed me by spending quality time with my kids, and helped Jared get started on a time-consuming house project.
An unexpected couple of hours with one of our favorite people driving through Omaha; drinking coffee, talking, laughing, reconnecting.
A night out at our friends' house eating, playing games, and laughing at the ridiculous:)

All of these things were unexpected gifts that pointed me to the goodness of God and His gracious provision. But last night something happened that really hit it home for me. We were at CCS for the kick-off meeting for the annual Walk-A-Thon event. I had the honor of sharing a short testimony of why CCS has become such an important and valuable part of our lives and family. But, actually, that's not even the cool thing. I mean, it was very cool, but the really cool thing happened after the meeting. I went to ask a question of the guy that had come to talk to us about fundraising. As he was answering my question, Jared came over to join us, and then we basically began like a 30 minute conversation! This man graciously gave us his time and attention, even though there were probably others who would have liked to meet him. So generous. Because of my testimony, he started asking questions about Judah. By the end of our time with him, he wanted to be a part of our "prayer team" for Judah, and he wanted to involve his 4 daughters as well. I was floored! He's got Judah's blog address now:) Not only was this a huge encouragement and blessing to us, but another example of how amazing God and the Body of Christ is. And when I say amazing, I mean A-MA-ZING. God knew that my heart needed this kind of caring attention, and we always need more prayer! And being a part of the Body of Christ means that we're family and we can function as such, even when we've only just met. Sitting here right now I'm actually a little overwhelmed by the intimate care that God invests in me and my family. He is so into details!

So, the struggle remains, but God is using His people to carry me through each day.

1 comment:

  1. I love you, my friend. I haven't always been commenting lately, but I am always praying.

    ReplyDelete