Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Last Week...

Judah's therapy went really well last week. It was fun even! We met the PT, and she and his OT did a skills assessment to determine what stage of development he's in. Judah handled everything really well. They made him work so hard, but he smiled right through it, even when he was breathing hard and pooped out at the end. What a sweetheart! Haven't gotten the results of their assessments yet, but we did determine that it's time to include regular physical therapy from the PT. Starting this week Judah will receive pt once a week, included in his regular ot/teacher visits. I feel good about that, and am eager to see how the extra visits will help him progress.

Sunday... The music, oh the music! Ya know, I always leave church with nuggets of truth, wisdom, and/or challenge from the message, but it's really the music that ministers and speaks to my heart the most. Every week I am overwhelmed with a sense of gratitude and a renewed spirit because of the re-focus I get from the songs that we sing. The gentle and gracious reminder the Holy Spirit impresses on my heart that regardless of what my week holds, everything in this life is for Him and from Him, and nothing gets to me without first passing through His loving hands...be it trial or blessing. He's in control and all is for His glory. These are just a few snippets from last Sunday:

**Trusting only in Thy merit,
Would I seek Thy face;
Heal my wounded, broken spirit,
Save me by Thy grace.
Thou the spring of all my comfort,
More than life to me,
Whom have I on earth beside Thee,
Whom in Heav'n but Thee.
-"Pass Me Not, O Gentle Savior", Bart Millard
**There is none more holy, great, and mighty
No one like our God
Son of God our greatest prize
we crown You, we crown You
King of glory, Jesus Christ
-"We Crown You", Steve Fee & Eddie Kirkland
**I'm giving You my heart, and all that is within
I lay it all down for the sake of You my King
I'm giving You my dreams, I'm laying down my rights
I'm giving up my pride for the promise of new life
And I surrender all to You, all to You
And I surrender all to You, all to You
I'm singing You this song, I'm waiting at the cross
And all the world holds dear, I count it all as loss
For the sake of knowing You, for the glory of Your name
To know the lasting joy, even sharing in Your pain
-"Surrender", Lincoln Brewster
Seriously, how could words and truths like that not heal the soul?!
And today... Judah's feeding evaluation is this afternoon. It has not been a good week in the eating department. Feeding is a complete mess; Judah's volume, how much he's eating in a day, is way down; and it's so thick that I think he either gets tired from working hard to get it down, or he loses interest. I'm looking forward to going today. Hopefully they can tell me something encouraging. I won't be surprised, however, if they send us home with an NG tube & pump. That's obviously not what I want for Judah, but I'm concerned about & frustrated with this whole situation. I don't know what's best for him at this point, except that he gets all of the nutrition he needs! Gr. Seems like there's just never an easy answer when it comes to this little lion.
Remember: God is in control! Judah belongs to Him, and He cares about this. Ultimately, God is responsible for Judah, and He is his greatest advocate.

No comments:

Post a Comment