Monday, March 15, 2010

News Flash!

I got 3 loads of laundry completely done in less than 3 hours this morning! An entire load of towels was dry in 37 minutes! I mean, my laundry was done by noon!! Wahoo! I am so loving this new laundry situation:)

In other news...

I got a call from a Pfizer rep. today...as in, the huge drug company. They got what they needed from Judah's endocrinologist; and as part of their services, the next step is them contacting the insurance company directly to talk about benefits. Their services also include the pen-type device used to administer the drugs and in-home nurse training. So...I guess this is really happening. I'm not really sure how I feel about that today.

*So I just got off the phone with the rep. again. She said she would call me back after contacting the insurance co. and she wasn't kidding! That was less than 20 minutes! Anyway, official approval will take up to 30 days, but per Judah's doctor's recommendation, he is entering an interim program. Pfizer will send us a 30 day supply of the drug, the "pen", and set up the nurse visit now! He can then start the therapy right away while we wait for insurance approval. So much for a month to get used to the idea! I'm kind of shocked a little bit.

**Well, I just got off the phone with the rep...again. After reviewing her information with her manager, she discovered that as of April 1, Medicaid will no longer be covering the specific medication manufactured by Pfizer. She said that Judah's diagnosis (Panhypopituitarism with Growth Hormone Deficiency) is covered and he will absolutely get the medication he needs, but we now have to go through a different manufacturer that will provide a different medication...that is virtually the same. Could be a couple weeks before I hear from the new one, and she's not sure if they will have an interim program. Ok fine. As long as an official approval is just a formality...at least we don't have to wonder if we'll have to jump through unforseen hoops to get him approved. Regardless, I'm thankful that there is a treatment available to him for this particular aspect of his diagnosis:)

Judah got a feeding pump on Saturday. It's kinda funny. I used to go on nursing visits with my mom when I was younger & she was still in home-care. Now I'm on the other end of it. I remember my mom doing for others some of the same things these nurses do for us. Since Judah has been home we've had 3 nurse visits, and they've all been good. [Props to Childrens Home Healthcare:)] Anyway, the pump sure makes life easier, but I'm still concerned & frustrated that Judah has gone so far backwards in the eating department. He's only taking up to 4 oz. orally a day. We're going back to see the "feeding people" at Childrens again on Wednesday. We'll see...

Finally, we have a visitor this week! Jared's cousin Ryan came all the way from Phoenix to bless us! He's here to play with the kids, help us with stuff around the house, see what Jared does, and do anything else he can to encourage us! He came in last night, and already we've succeeded in keeping him pretty busy. Washing dishes this morning, playing checkers, NERF ping pong, Memory, building a fort, and now prepping our living room for painting with Jared:) (Which means that I not only got laundry done, but also dusting, sweeping, & straightening up!) I'm thrilled to have him here, and love watching my kids get to know & love another member of our family that we don't get to see often. The 3 warmed up to him right away, even giving him hugs when they met! Definitely a cousin connection there:) So, thanks, Ryan! And thank You, Jesus!!

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! My 5 loads of laundry took me all day... but two loads were Lyla's comforters... yeah this potty training really fills the laundry basket fast.
    Love you guys (: Cute new background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW a new washer and dryer what a HUGE blessing!!! God is so good....even when we are at such a low point in our lives the little things make a huge difference!! I am praying about the shots and the feedings....you are loved! And I love the new look...super cute blog site!

    ReplyDelete