Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy Birthday!!

On February 18 I became an aunt again to niece number 6! While all of my nieces, and my 2 nephews, are very special to me, this new little beauty has something that makes her even more dear. Her name. Avery Bethany Bluhm. As my big brother put it, "...not Beth. Bethany, like her auntie." What an honor and a privilege. And after a year like the one that we've had, the blessing and encouragement it is to know that such a special little person was actually named after me is hard to put into words. Jared & I have given special family names to each of our kids as their middle names, honoring each of the people they're named after for different reasons; so to think that Dave & Vicki did the same for me, whatever their reasons (hint, hint I'd like to know!) means more than I can say.

Her name just kept running through my mind all day on Thursday. It was the first thing I thought of when I woke up on Friday. And each time I see it in print on Facebook or in an email, I can't help but smile.

Thanks so much, Dave & Vicki, for this gift.

Though Avery's name will always be extra special to me, I will continue to pray for each of my nieces and nephews like I now do for her. That they will know Jesus & choose Him at an early age. That God will protect them from this world and the harmful things it holds. That they will develop an insatiable hunger for the Word and for a deeper relationship with Him. And that God will allow into their lives that which will draw them into deeper intimacy with Him. Ultimately, that God's will alone will be accomplished in their lives, and that they will be reflections of the Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment