Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Upper GI Results

Judah had the Upper GI yesterday morning. It was awful. All around awful. It was horrible having to stand by helplessly trying to comfort him during the test while he cried nonstop for the entire 20-25 minute x-ray. I'm so glad that it's over, that he won't remember it, and that he won't ever have to have another one. We're praising the Lord that the results came back normal. The anatomy of Judah's esophagus, stomach, and small intestine is what it should be. Although I have to be honest. I'm somewhat disappointed. I know that sounds so sick, but to have gone through such an ordeal for a normal result is...disappointing. It's hard to explain. Of course I'm so relieved...I just wish we could have bypassed this whole thing.

Judah slept extra yesterday because he was so tired from the UGI, but this morning he woke up his normal jolly little self. Smiling. Happy to see me. Totally unaware of the emotional turmoil his mother went through with him just the day before! Sweet boy.

Thanks for praying for us. Nothing else on the calendar for this week - praise the Lord - and the swallow study on Monday. That's a big test that will give us the definitive answer as to whether or not Judah is aspirating...thankfully it will be an easy test for him to undergo.

No comments:

Post a Comment