Monday, March 16, 2015

From the 4th Floor I

We're up on the 4th floor, our old stomping grounds of sorts, watching Judah rest peacefully. His surgery went beautifully! I don't ever remember getting such a positive report! The dr. is extremely pleased with every aspect of the surgery, and was pleasantly surprised to be able to avoid a couple more complex aspects of the surgery. He was prepared for the worst, but the worst wasn't there! The people here know their way around pain management, so between Tylenol, an epidural and Morphine, Judah is feeling good and getting some much needed rest. The epidural comes out in a couple days, so the Tylenol will become our new best friend. My prayer is that the transition from epidural to Tylenol will be a smooth one for him. 

Today has been a good day, as weird or wrong as that might sound. Knowing that countless people are praying for your baby and you, reading emails and text messages, seeing pictures on instagram, being visited by a friend already - it's a unique experience to be at the center of all that. God is so good all the time. Being on this crazy journey is a constant reminder of that. 

Plus, I love hanging out with that red hot ginger, so I'll take as much of that as I can get, wherever I can get it. Seriously. He's hot. And he carries my stuff. And he brings me hot chocolate. And he says nice things to me. 

Anyway, thanks again to each and every one of you who has taken time to pray, or text, or message, or email, or call. And thanks to all of those I don't even know! It humbles me every time to know that people I've never even met take the time to pray for Judah and our family. 

I'll keep you all posted!


No comments:

Post a Comment