Wednesday, March 18, 2015

From the 4th Floor...Small Victories

I decided to look at the book of Jude. God captivated my heart in the second half of the very first verse. 

"I am writing to you all who have been called by God the Father, who loves you and keeps you safe in the care of Jesus Christ. 2 May God give you more and more mercy, peace, and love." 

God knows my need for feeling safe and secure. Not only does this verse tell me that I am loved and I am safe; but it reminds me that only HE can satisfy. Regardless of what the next week of recovery looks like for Judah, God's Truth stands, and we are safe & secure, cared for by a gentle, intimate God, and His way is the best way. Again, I'm reminded to ask Him to allow into our lives (including Judah's) those things that will draw us into deeper intimacy with Him and make us more like Him! 

Jude 25
"All glory to him who alone is God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power and authority are his before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time! Amen."

As we speak, Judah is sitting in bed, completely unplugged! The epidural is gone, the monitors are gone, the IV fluids are gone! The next few hours will show us how ready he is to go home. For now, with a belly full of macaroni and cheese, he's ready for a nap;)


No comments:

Post a Comment