Tuesday, March 17, 2015

From the 4th Floor III

It's hard to believe that our 1st full day up here is almost over already! It's been a restful day for Judah, but also a busy one! He started his day with lovins from Daddy, his siblings and grandparents; and we enjoyed visits from  Muk, and Mrs. Nebel! I love watching other people love my kids. It's a gift that I don't ever want to take for granted. 

He's been comfortable throughout the day, but we had a glimpse of what the pain could look like when he coughed a couple times this afternoon. He instantly grimaced and cried out, holding his tummy. It was sad to see him hurt, and again made me thankful that he's here being so well cared for. His team here doesn't want him hurting either, and I so appreciate that. 

Things are looking good for him so far. No signs of fever, good output, decreasing drainage, and increasing thirst and appetite. This morning Dr. D. said if he continued to progress well throughout the day today, he could possibly have a couple tubes removed tomorrow. I would love to be able to take Judah for a walk around the floor tomorrow, or even to the playroom, so getting rid of some extra baggage would be wonderful. 

Judah has been such a good sport today. He's tired, but he's had a great attitude. It's fun for me to listen to him interact with his visitors and the nurses that are in and out. He's been talking a LOT about school. He keeps saying he hopes he doesn't miss school, or he hopes he can go back to school. He's been talking to the nurses about Miss Baines, his friend C., and Math. And if I had a nickel for every time he has mentioned Trevor (my Trevor that I love, he says) coming to visit him I would be a very rich woman. Seriously! Trevor is a kid that came up through Campus Life and is now Jared's intern. He's become a part of our family over the years and all our kids adore him. But Judah has latched on to Trevor in his own "mini-groupie" kind of way. I wish I could be here tomorrow morning to see Judah's face when Trevor walks into the room. 

Tonight we had a special family supper with Granny, all together in Judah's room, and are watching a family movie. Judah is winding down again, asking for snuggles and getting sleepy. Soon I'll take the big 3 home and leave my baby here with Dad. I'm happy to go home with my other kiddos, but my heart and mind will be divided until we're home together again. 

Ruth 2:12 says, "May the LORD, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge, reward you fully for what you have done." In context, this verse really has nothing to do with our situation; however, I absolutley love the imagery of taking refuge under the wings of Jehovah. I always talk about my nest, referring to the physical & emotional warmth, security, and comfort I find there. But this is a picture of the intimacy and tender care of our Provider. The security and comfort I find in Him is perfect and unfailing. He is my Foundation, my Rock, my Hope. So I can leave my baby here...because He is also those things for Judah...as well as the Healer and Sustainer of Judah's life. 

He was so SO happy to see his brothers this morning!

When he was finally hungry he just about ate his body weight in graham crackers!

Of course his sister couldn't wait to smother- I mean, love on her baby.

The lunch of champions! The stuff you only get to eat all together when you're in the hospital. 

Checking out some new goodies!

He colored for about 5 minutes, and then crashed. He had fun while it lasted!







No comments:

Post a Comment