Sunday, September 6, 2009

Another Sunday

Aaaaahhh... That's a very contented sigh. It's Sunday again, and today we had the privilege of worshipping at our "home church". I love this Body. It's a small-ish, cozy, inviting, warm group of believers that meets in an environment to match. I was so looking forward to worshipping with this family this morning, and I wasn't disappointed. The only bummer was the absence of our pastor and his wife. We live 500 miles away now, but they still shepherd us. That's a love and commitment to Christ and His body that goes far beyond their local fellowship. As it should be. We're all family. And each time we come back for a visit, even though it's been months, we are welcomed back as family. That's only a part of the "healing" that took place for me this morning. We had the privilege of sharing with everyone a quick update about what God's been doing in our lives. I count it a privilege because I love telling others about what God has done for me and in me. He's done an impossible work in me - He's changed me, and continues to do so - but God is in the business of the impossible. I love telling others about His goodness and faithfulness; about the gift that He's given us in Judah. I love talking about Him. I'm still trying to figure out why others want to listen to me, but I'm glad to talk to whomever will! It was a good time of worship through music. Simple and heartfelt. I loved the words that we sang and the Scripture chosen to compliment them. Then there was the message. I was reminded again that regardless of the messenger, the message and Truth of Scripture is incredibly powerful! I don't know why I was struck with that truth, because I enjoyed this particular "messenger", but it was a cool reminder. God's Word is phenomenal, and "bigger" than anyone sharing it. The message was about everything we receive from God at the moment of salvation. Positional Truth. I could sit under teaching like that every day of the week! My heart felt full after that message. It was a tremendously wonderful reminder after everything I've experienced this summer. Many times I have lost sight of the thoroughness of God's salvation extended to me. It's all there! Everything! I am so perfectly equipped I don't even know what to do with it all! Appropriation. I wish I knew how to do it better.
It was a great morning. Thanks, Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment