Monday, September 28, 2009

Judah

Just look at this darling boy! He's so happy and content. He gives away his beautiful smiles so easily, to anybody! He delights his brothers and sister, and provides all kinds of entertainment for them. (Granted, my kids are pretty easy to please, so Judah doesn't have to do too much to make them happy!) He's such a joy. It's hard to believe that he's been home for almost 3 months already, and is going to be 4 months old next week! Now that it's officially Fall, I can say that we did indeed make it through the summer. This was the hardest, longest summer EVER, but God carried us through...AGAIN! His grace and faithfulness were there for us in perfect measure each new day. Enough to see us through, and keep us clinging to Him for the next day's measure. He is so good. I realized that we have experienced a miracle. 2 huge answers to prayer! Our pediatrician told us that by October Judah would be hospitalized at least twice. Well, October begins in 3 short days, and my little lion is healthy and hospital-free! He also told us that, most likely, by 2-3 months of age Judah would develop the diuretic condition where his kidneys would output constantly, and he'd be on new medication including 1 liter of water a day. Judah will be 4 months old on Sunday, and his kidneys have not developed this condition yet. Praise the Lord!! I'm so thankful to God that He has allowed us these healthy months with Judah, without any hospitalizations or any other serious illnesses or conditions coming up. I realize that this is a gift. I just wish that would have occurred to me earlier. Sometimes I'm a little slow... Today I'm celebrating Judah - his smile, his health, and the fact that God gave him to me. I'm so blessed.


Thank You, Lord, for giving me joy.....

3 comments:

  1. Stephanie R28/9/09 2:09 PM

    What a charmer - Judah is just soo adorable! I am so happy to hear God has protected Judah through these first months. Rejoicing with you today in God's gift of Judah to you and your family!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judah is such a beautiful boy! I'm so thankful with you for these answers to prayer and for the joy he's given you today! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With that beautiful smile, anything is possible.
    I remember a doctor once telling me Christopher wouldn't make it to his first birthday...here we are 17 years later. Hold on strong to all the blessings God has give (don't forget them), they are what help you get through the hard times. He is God's precious gift! May the next 3 months be as good.
    Happy 1/3 year Birthday Judah!

    ReplyDelete