Saturday, September 4, 2010

Here we go again...

We're going to a birthday party today for a little girl who just turned turned one. I'm always a little (read: a lot) apprehensive about things like this. For several reasons. Judah is 15 months old today, and is wearing size 3-6 clothes...and the pants are still too long. He is officially a whole year behind in his growth. He has several delays. Not everyone there will know us, or him, or "our story". People can be tactless, insensitive, and lack grace. I just never know what to expect. And it's always like a punch in the gut to get "up close & personal" to one of Judah's peers. Part of me is frustrated with myself. Shouldn't I be over this...or at least be used to this by now? Shouldn't it just not matter? Or at least not be important enough to waste blog space on it?
So, here we go again...

Judah is who he is, and I wouldn't change him for anything. I don't make apologies or excuses for him, but brag about him and show him off. He endears people to himself simply by being the adorable, charming little darling that he is. There's nothing wrong with him! He's exactly who he was created to be, and he is a remarkable reflection of God's grace, love, and goodness.

I think there are just some things that you never really get over. And regardless of what someone else might have to say about that, this is our experience, our child, completely unique to us, and we can grieve and process and grow at the pace God sets for us. For me. Just like the pace that God has set for Judah's little mind and body to grow and develop.

I really need to go love on that little boy. He is good medicine for me.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you, girl. It is a process...of grieving, and letting go, and letting God...
    Praying for strength for the moment & that you are able to truly ENJOY yourself. ;) Love ya.

    ReplyDelete