Sunday, September 5, 2010

I stand corrected.

When will I ever learn? I need to just trust the Lord with my feelings, my anxiety, my apprehension, and leave it there. It is true that I will never get over some things, not this side of Heaven anyway; however, I realize that in my post about the party I didn't extend any grace to anyone that we were going to be seeing...whether I knew them or not. I'm sorry for that. I get so nervous - defensive even - about who I don't know, that I forget about the individuals that I do know. The ones that genuinely care about us and love us. The "grandmas" that welcome us with open arms and hearts, just itching to hold Judah in those arms and close to those hearts. The others that accept Judah for who he is, and treat him and us with kindness and warmth. The hardest part about yesterday was when a mom brought over her little girl (who looked younger than 15 mo.) to see "the baby". We get that all the time. I can handle that. [Actually, if it's someone we know who has a baby younger than Judah, but bigger, I joke that Judah's still older so they'd better show some respect!] Anyway, the party was fun and we all had a good time. I'm hoping that maybe this time around I learned my lesson about jumping to conclusions and making snap judgments about people I don't even know. I've been burned in the past, but I shouldn't allow the few to affect my expectations of the many. I am humbled this morning.

What a great way to go to church...

No comments:

Post a Comment