Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 2

I realize I'm a little behind, but time manages to slip away from me up here on 4th. So, to catch all of you up...


That 1st night after surgery was a very good one for Judah. He continued to sleep, and slept soundly through the night. And he just kept sleeping. Through breakfast. Through lunch. All the way until his brother coughed and woke him up at 2:30 yesterday afternoon! He's never slept like that before, but I think that made all the difference in those first 24 hrs. after surgery. He woke up happy and hungry:) It was great timing, too. I had just finished eating lunch with "Granny" and the kiddos, and we had come back to the room together. He was happy to see everybody there when he woke up. He took an hour nap after they left awhile later. We had a good evening as a family, sharing dinner with "Granny", and then playing a game. Last night Judah slept well again. Overall, it was a very good day for Judah. Surprisingly good! He has never had a recovery this easy and quick, and I am so, so thankful! To God be the Glory!!!


Judah came out of surgery with a Foley and Vacu-Drain. It's a test tube-like tube that a small catheter drains extra fluid surrounding the kidney into. This morning they pulled his Foley - Praise God! - and will now watch the Vacu-Drain more closely. His output there has been minimal. Like 1/60 of an ounce (or .5cc). If there's a significant increase in drainage (20-30cc) then they'll know that urine is leaking through the repair and the healing process will take longer. In that case he'd come home with a Foley in. Obviously my prayer is that this recovery will continue to go smoothly and we can go home without anything but Judah! So far, so good. We're right on schedule to leave tomorrow, hopefully sooner than later.


Judah's palate revision has been scheduled. That will be a huge day. The revision, a hernia repair, removal of the stent urology put in, and an MRI while he's still out. [The MRI is for his droopy lids. They want to get a close look at his microscopic optic nerves so they can determine whether or not there's a problem that needs to be addressed before they order a surgical repair for the lids.] The date is October 10, and I appreciate you all starting to pray about it now. 2 big requests: 1. That he comes out of surgery/recovery OK so we can use Morphine to control the pain right away. Things spiral out of control quickly if the pain gets ahead of you. 2. That the 1st 48 hrs. will be easier this 2nd time around. OK, one more. 3. That he will be in the hospital for no more than 3 days. I would appreciate prayer for my heart, too. Wow, I guess that's really 4 then. Anyway, I still battle frustration, fear, and anger over this situation, and I need God's grace and presence to get me through this.



This morning Jared and the kids came before church bearing muffins, coffee, and mail! It's become somewhat of a Sunday morning tradition this summer. The mail was the best part this time. I got a package from my cousin with a necklace in it. I love accessories anyway, but this one is super special. I love the style, the look, the beautiful thought behind it; but most of all the necklace itself and the significance it carries! It's a round pendant with a white pearl, and hand stamped on the pendant is, "God is good." Plain as day. What an incredible reminder for me; but also a great testimony to those around me! Nurses and doctors that come and go won't be able to help noticing what is clearly written on this cool pendant! And to be able to wear something like that in the midst of what happens here, and what brings us here is something I'm so excited about! So, Cuz, THANK YOU! I LOVE it so, so much!!! I'm wearing it right now:)



Finally, Judah hit a major milestone last week on the 8th. He's pulling himself up to stand!!! I get so excited every time I see him do it. It's such a huge accomplishment! I love being able to check off those milestones on his list:) He just keeps hitting them!



He's talking on the phone here:)



No comments:

Post a Comment