Thursday, August 4, 2011

Jud-ini

I am supposed to be at a Campus Life event right now. Instead I am sitting here with Judah, waiting for the Home Health Nurse to come. A day early. Which brings me to my title. Judah - sweet, adorable, innocent Little Lion - has become just as skilled in the art of escape and trickery as any "Terrible Two". In the last 2 weeks he has managed to screw the cap off of an empty water bottle he was chewing on (CHOKING HAZARD!), pull out an IV, wiggle his way out of an obnoxiously secured-with-tape catheter, and, well, you all know about him opening the "empty valve" on his urine bag...with his mouth. Most recently, as in an hour ago, he managed to pull on his central line, loosening the dressing all the way up to the insertion site. Oh. My. Word. Suddenly the site that has access to his blood stream is open to the world! And all its germs! I quickly got the emergency kit out, covered the site with sterile gauze, taped it, and called the nurse.

Which brings me to present. Waiting for the nurse to come change his dressing and draw pre-op labs while she's here instead of coming back tomorrow; while said "Terrible Two" chews my disposable tupperware into oblivion.

*sigh*

I love that boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment