Monday, August 15, 2011

Days 3 & 4

Judah had a great night last night and has been sailing through today. The tube collecting excess fluid from around his kidney came out this afternoon, so I finally have just Judah back! No more IVs, IMs, Foleys, tubes, lines - NOTHING! I love the freedom of just holding and snuggling him without worrying about pulling on something or hurting him. His incision looks great, he's feeling great, it's time to GO HOME! The discharge papers are ready; we're just waiting for the ID doctor to roll around and "sign off". We were supposed to see them in clinic tomorrow, but I asked if they could just come up here so we didn't have to go anywhere tomorrow. Technically, it is my fault that we're still here, but it does save us a trip tomorrow.

Tonight is the back-to-school picnic for CCS. The Boys are so excited to see all their friends, and I can't wait to get outside! I'll either wear Judah or keep him in his stroller to protect his incision; but I know he'll love being outside and around all the fun activity. I'm thankful he's feeling so well so that we can go:) I can't believe school starts on Wednesday! 4th grade and 1st grade. Am I really that old?

My prayer is that this will be the last post from the 4th floor until October 10th. I can't wait for some normalcy...now that summer is over and we dive right into a crazy Campus Life schedule. *sigh* I guess I'll be praying for some unexpected quiet moments with Jared, too in the weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment