Sunday, August 14, 2011

Shoe Therapy


Today was another good day. Jared and I traded for the afternoon, so I was able to do a load of laundry and sweep the floors; but more importantly read stories, take a long walk, play a game, and just be with my older 3. It was a good chance for Jared to spend one-on-one time with Judah, too; taking a walk, going to the play room, and cuddling. [Jared, you are an extraordinary dad. In case I haven't mentioned that lately.] We had dinner together and then got a movie from the front desk and all crowded around the remote control so we could hear it. At one point Eli, Ezra, Lydia, Judah, & I were all on Judah's bed! Good times.

When everyone left I felt deflated. I thought I would be fine, because J
udah is doing great and we're going home tomorrow; but I suddenly felt sad and lonely and weepy. I texted Jared and told him I just wasn't sure I could do another night. Less than 5 minutes later (4 to be exact) I got a text from a girlfriend who had something for us and wanted to come by with another friend, too! God's timing was perfect (like it could be anything else), and I was amazed at how He decided to meet my needs in that moment. I was so, so happy to see them 20 minutes later, and so was Judah:) We had fun talking and laughing, and of course seeing what they brought! A sweet "ROCK STAR" shirt for Judah, and a pair of shoes for me! This girl has now bought me 2 pairs of shoes - shoes that I would never get for myself, that are fun and totally out of my norm - and she has won herself a friend for life! She so knows the way to my heart.

The coolest thing about this situation is the fact that God so obviously communicated love and care to me. He spoke my love languages. (Gifts and time, not necessarily shoes. Although I'll absolutely take them anytime. Oh how I love shoes!) He met me in that moment and provided. He doesn't always work this way. Sometimes He requires me to rely solely on His presence. Sometimes I'm searching His Word for just the right verse or passage. Sometimes it's a card or an email. Sometimes there is silence, and I am forced to go back to what I know to be true about God and cling to Him and His promises. Today it was accessories. Today God spoke to my heart and brought healing to my soul through the thoughtfulness and love of women in my life.

It's not really about the shoes or the necklace. But I think it's so cool to have these tangible things that I really like anyway to remind me that God does care about the details, those lonely moments; and He will meet me where I am somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment