Friday, September 23, 2011

Jesus Heart

Get ready to do a happy dance...

On September 16 I welcomed a new little sister into "the Family" - my own Little Merry Sunshine, Lydia. Coolest thing I have ever been a part of! It went something like this:

Wednesday morning the Boys had a chapel speaker that used a black rubber rat to illustrate our hearts before Jesus. He emphasized our need for what he called a "Jesus heart". Fast forward to Thursday night devotions. Jared usually does devos, but Lydia asked for me; so the 3 kids and I packed onto the playroom love seat and settled in. We read about Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane, and how He was going to take our sin upon Himself. I decided to reiterate what the Boys had heard in chapel the day before. I talked about Jesus getting a black rat heart so that He could give us His Jesus heart. We started talking about how our hearts are black with sin until Jesus comes to live in there. Lydia started asking questions, and I could see her just starting to connect the dots. The light was coming on! She asked with round eyes and concern in her voice if she had a black heart. I asked her if she had ever asked Jesus to come live in her heart. She sadly said no. I can still see the look on her face as understanding dawned in her heart. She was genuinely upset. I had to tell her then that she had a black heart, because of her sin. She wanted to ask Jesus for a Jesus heart right then, and was going to go to her room; but I asked her if she wanted to pray with me. I took her hand, and she said, "God, will You please come live inside me and give me a Jesus heart?" Then she looked up at me with a light in her eyes and joy written all over her precious little face! I will never forget that face! I told her that when we ask God to do that HE DOES! She started jumping all around the room laughing, and ran to tell Daddy...who was in the shower. That was kinda funny. She was so excited he couldn't even understand her! I have loved hearing her tell people since then. She has the sweetest tone when she says that she has a new Jesus heart. I am thrilled that the Boys got to be a part of this, too. They have both professed faith, but I didn't get to be a part of their life-changing moments. How awesome of God to allow us all to share in Lydia's.

No comments:

Post a Comment