Friday, September 9, 2011

Since the 5th Floor...

I apologize for getting this out so many days after discharge. I can't believe how crazy life gets sometimes, and how quickly time gets away from me...

Judah has been doing OK since being released on Monday, but not awesome. He's still not 100%, but I think that's because he's still battling congestion and a somewhat scratchy throat. I decided to take him to his pulmonologist today - before the weekend hits - to make sure there's nothing more serious going on. I'm expecting to hear something about an upper airway infection, or upper respiratory virus; nothing serious.

As far as the fungal infection... The yeast that Judah grew is in an uncommon one. Shocking. They sent him home on an oral drug different from the one they were planning on. He seems to be handling it fine; but we have 2 follow-ups early next week to make sure everything's OK for real. They'll know what the yeast is sensitive to by then, and will make any drug changes they find necessary. The one he's on appears to be doing the trick, so hopefully no changes.

I'll keep everyone posted. Probably...

No comments:

Post a Comment