Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A New Bug

It's official. Judah is growing a new-to-him bug in his urine culture. Ew. The good news is that it's a pretty common one this time, and is usually sensitive to the antibiotics he's already on. Sensitivities will be in tomorrow. I also heard from the Urology office today. They put him on the schedule for Friday afternoon to have the stent removed. This should prevent further infection...at least, that's the hope. He was on track to be released Friday, so that means probably Saturday at the earliest now. I'm hoping to actually talk to the urologist later today.

Judah had a good night, and has been without fever since yesterday! He's doing so much better today than he was yesterday - thank the Lord!


I have Lydia here for the afternoon! We're currently sitting in the hallway just outside of Judah's
door. At 2 this afternoon there was a game of Hospital BINGO that broadcast on the TV, and Lydia won! They're bringing the prize cart around soon, and she wants to see them coming...hence our current location:) She's so funny. She's become my personal advocate. When the family comes to visit Judah in the hospital she makes sure that Jared changes his diapers; and when we come home, for the 1st couple days --

[Insert day-long interruptions here. It is now Thursday morning. Sheesh!]

As I was saying... Lydia insists that Daddy take care of the diapers and the feeding and whatever else she thinks he should be doing since I've been at the hospital with Judah doing it all. It's really adorable and I love it! She didn't have to wait in the hall forever. Eventually the prize cart did come and she picked a package of tattoos - candy and sweets. Silly girl. We had a good afternoon together.

Judah lost his IV in the afternoon, so he's on #2. I'm praying this one stays in place for as long as he needs it. I'm eager to get the sensitivities back so we know how to plan in the meds department. If it's something that's sensitive to an oral med., great! If not, we're looking at another PICC line attempt and IV meds at home for a week or so.

Family night wasn't exactly what we were going for last night. We had planned on dinner and a movie together, but late in the afternoon we found out that one of our students - a kid we've become pretty attached to - got in a serious car accident. His name is Trevor and I would ask that you pray for him as well. His injuries are extensive, and he has a long road of recovery ahead of him. He was already a great kid, so I wonder who God will mold him to be throughout these next several months. Jared was able to see him last night, spending time in prayer with his parents. I wish my time with the kids had gone a little more smoothly, and I missed Jared. It was a weird, emotional evening.

Today should be a quiet one for us. Nothing but labs on the schedule. Hopefully some results from the ultrasound and a viral panel they ran to check for anything upper respiratory. The IV drip will get turned off this morning, so no more tower! We're heading outside:) And we'll actually have visitors today! A girlfriend this morning, and 4 more this evening. Can't wait!

Judah is doing better and better, feeling more like himself; but that makes the stays harder. He gets bored and I get bored and there's not much to do around here all the time. I get crabby the longer we have to stay here, and I just want to be home. Pray for my heart. And my attitude. I realized that over time I have developed a good reputation here, and I don't want to blow that in a moment of selfishness or frustration or...whatever. My heart wants Kingdom-building to happen here, but sometimes my emotions, etc. get in the way of that.

A Family Night Funny:
We were telling the kids that Trevor was going to be brought to Children's, but they were full, so he was taken somewhere else. Ezra asked, "Does Trevor usually go to Children's?" I said, "Well...normal people don't usually go to hospitals!" I just had to laugh...and got another good laugh outta that when I told Mom. My kids are definitely growing up with different perspectives and assumptions from other kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment